CHIP develops and promotes:
- Strengthening of local individuals and institutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of development efforts.
- Increasing synergies and mutual accountability between local administration and community organisations.
- Mobilising local resource to augment ownership and responsibility in communities while simultaneously improving efficiency in costs.
- Ensuring an element of ‘inclusion’ in all efforts to include everyone in community development process. regardless of gender, disability or any other difference or impediment.
- Research and advocacy as a tool for bringing a positive change at all levels.